Pheeeeewwwwww! What a day. Or week. Or possibly month. Fiscal year end is coming up, and I am sure I’m not the only one who’s had a crazy couple of weeks. Whenever work is crazy busy, it makes it super hard to think of doing anything for dinner other than
Back in the day, I could always tell when my roommate was stressed at the office because she’d come home, kick off her heels, put crackers and cheese on a plate and call it a day. Okay, there was also wine involved, but you get the gist. There are just some nights where you don’t feel like cooking, or eating leftovers (yet again), or spending money on takeout; nothing wrong with that once in awhile.
This whipped feta dip is kinda perfect for that sort of after work situation. It takes 5 minutes, you can feel like you fixed yourself something delicious, and what could be better than some night cheese? Not much, just ask Liz Lemon.
You could also definitely use it for breakfast on a bagel or toast, or in a wrap as a spread. Of course, this doesn’t make just a single serving and it would also be excellent for a get together. So invite over some friends, throw on some PJs, and have a night cheese party!
Whipped Feta Dip
Servings: 8-10 Total Time: 5 min
- 2 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 oz plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 6 oz feta cheese
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- Put cream cheese, feta cheese, and greek yogurt into the food processor with the mixing blade (you could also use a medium bowl and electric hand mixer)
- Zest lemon before juicing it, adding zest into the food processor, and add in all remaining ingredients except for the olive oil
- Pulse on low until all ingredients are combined
- Remove the smaller cover, continue to pulse and drizzle in olive oil until desired consistency is reached – I used about 2 tsp
- Eat straight from the bowl with chips, or be slightly more civilized and serve in small ramekin with chips (my votes are for pita, bagel or triscuits)